Overview: Simplified Payroll Control Center Configuration
As of EA-HRRXX 608 SP29, the configuration process for Payroll Control Center is simplified. Configuration wizards are provided for the authorized user to create payroll processes, create policies with relevant check types, and assign these policies to the payroll processes, flexibly based on the business needs, on the front end in the production system.
Before the payroll process manager can use the configuration wizards on the front end, the following Customizing activities must be completed in the back end:
- 1. Define check types
- These check types will be later assigned by the payroll process manager to policies on the front end.
- 2. Define process step templates
- You will need to assign these step templates to process templates.
- 3. Define process templates
- 4. Define process and policy namespace
- A namespace is a prefix for the processes and policies that will be created by the payroll process manager on the front end.
- The purpose of process and policy namespace is to prevent these processes or policies from being changed or deleted in the back end.
- You must define process and policy namespace before you can define process types and policy types.
- 5. Define policy types
- These policy types will be used later by the payroll process manager when he or she creates policies on the front end.
- 6. Define process types
- These process types will be used later by the payroll process manager when he or she creates payroll processes on the front end.
- 7. If you have already created policies in the back end, and you want to enable the authorized user to edit these policies and assign these policies to processes using the configuration wizards on the front end in the production system, you need to convert these backend policies. To convert policies that were created from the back end, the following activities are required:
- a) Check policy consistency with policy type
- b) Add policy and the corresponding policy type into the policy whitelist
- c) Convert existing policies
- 8. (As of release EA-HRR 608 SP30) If you have already created processes in the back end, and you want to enable the authorized user to edit these processes using the process configuration wizard on the front end in the production system, you need to convert these backend processes. For the process conversion, the following activities are required:
- a) Check process consistency
- b) Generate recommended process type configuration for the specified, to-be-converted process
- c) If a matching process type with the recommended configuration does not already exist, create a process type based on the recommended process type configuration.
- d) Add the process and the matching process type in the whitelist
- e) Check process consistency again until the process you want to convert has passed the consistency check (which means that it has a green light in the check result).
- f) Convert existing processes
- 9. Set up authorization for process types and policy types using the authorization objects
- For more information about these authorization objects, see the authorization object documentation